Most Viewed Stories
Boys lacrosse preview: O.C. top 10
The Register’s season-opening O.C. top 10 for boys lacrosse.
O.C. TOP 10
1. St. Margaret’s: The Tartans captured the O.C. and Southern Section titles last season. They’re led by a strong senior class that will be looking to repeat last year’s accomplishments.
2. Foothill: Due to graduation, the Knights will be looking for a new group of leaders to step forward. By the time the playoffs roll around, the Knights will be battle-tested thanks to a difficult schedule.
3. Corona del Mar: The Sea Kings will look to reload and rebuild after graduating 18 seniors. Look for Jordan Greenhall, Jason Simaan and Stephen Von Der Ahe to lead the way.
4. Santa Margarita: The Eagles have a good mix of experience and youth. They have their sights set on contending for the Trinity League title and success in the postseason.
5. San Clemente: Led by a pair of Division I recruits, Austin Boyer (Cleveland State) and Nick Lemus (Air Force), the Tritons will be out to improve on last year’s 10-9 record.
6. Trabuco Hills: Expectations are high for the Mustangs who have a solid group of returners, led by Scotty Barger and Harrison Evans.
7. Newport Harbor: The Sailors will be looking to capitalize on the momentum from their undefeated run to the Sunset League title last season.
8. Aliso Niguel: First-year coach Adam Marshall takes over a team that must replace 71-goal scorer Jonah Rinaldi.
9. Los Alamitos: The Griffins are likely to challenge Newport Harbor for the Sunset League title. Los Alamitos returns a solid core from last year.
10. Tesoro: There is a new coaching staff, led by Brian Dunn, for the Titans. This year’s group is experienced and focused on improving on last season’s 6-12 record.
- Lacrosse preview: Foothill has same goals, new attack
- Boys lacrosse preview: Top O.C. players to watch
- Boys lacrosse preview: O.C. top 10
- Boys lacrosse preview: Other top players to watch
- Boys lacrosse preview: Important dates
Contact the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org