Most Viewed Stories
Boys lacrosse preview: O.C. top 10
Boys lacrosse O.C. Top 10:
1. Foothill: The Knights reclaimed the top spot in the county last year by winning O.C. and Southern Section titles. Can anybody keep them from repeating?
2. Corona del Mar: The Sea Kings lost in the Southern Section semifinals last year, but return a strong core of NCAA-bound players who have their sights on big things this year.
3. JSerra: The Lions ended last year by losing to Foothill in the South Division final. That’s all the motivation needed for this year’s team, which is led by six NCAA-bound players.
4. Santa Margarita: The Eagles made huge strides last year. With a good mix of youth and senior leadership, they could be on the verge of another jump this year.
5. St. Margaret’s: The Tartans are looking to re-establish themselves as a county power after last season (9-8 record, first-round playoff exit).
6. San Clemente: Brad Reppert takes over as the Tritons’ coach. Last year’s team advanced to the Southern Section semifinals.
7. Tesoro: The senior-laden Titans will try to build on the momentum achieved with last year’s playoff appearance.
8. Aliso Niguel: The Wolverines had a taste of success last season. They’re hungry for more this season, and will be led by senior Jonah Rinaldi.
9. Trabuco Hills: The Mustangs, who return a strong nucleus from last season, are a team to watch as the season progresses.
10. Los Alamitos: The defending Sunset League champions are poised to hold off the up-and-coming competition to retain the title.
More in the 2015 O.C. boys lacrosse season preview:
Contact the writer: email@example.com