Most Viewed Stories
Boys golf preview: O.C. top 10
A breakdown of the top 10 teams in Orange County for the 2015 boys golf season.
1. Woodbridge: The Warriors finished 3-under-par as a team at Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course, shooting a 177 in a season-opening victory against Mater Dei.
2. Servite: Matt Wilson, Brandon Brame, Kyle Kinnane and Chad Deegan all broke 80 at Western Hills Country Club as the Friars won the Servite Invitational by 11 strokes, posting a 370. Brame led the Friars with a 2-under-par 69.
3. Beckman: The Patriots return six of the seven players that won the CIF-SS South Coast Regional Championship last year.
4. Tesoro: The return of Robert Beard and Steven Snow, both four-year varsity players, and Jack Ireland, the No. 2 player in the South Coast League last year, makes the Titans’ lineup very strong at the top.
5. Dana Hills: The Dolphins are deep, returning South Coast League first-team players Clay Feagler, Tanner Podres, Alex Diaz and Matt Fry.
6. Los Alamitos: Four of the five socring players posted a score in the 70s at Western Hills Country Club to help the Griffins finish second in the season-opening Servite Invitational.
7. JSerra: Jonny Unterman made a 6-foot putt in a playoff to help the Lions win the JSerra Invitational at Arroyo Trabuco Golf Course. The Lions, who return everyone from last year’s team, shot a 9-under-par 63 in the best-ball tournament.
8. Sunny Hills: Finished third at the Ayala Fall Classic, carding a 10-over-par 380 at Los Serranos Country Club.
9. Mater Dei: The Monarchs return Marcus De La Rosa, who shot a 2-over 73 at Sierra La Verne Country Club to help the Monarchs win the CIF-SS Western Team Regional.
10. Marina: Cameron Kaneko shot a 4-under 31 at Meadowlark Golf Course to help the Vikings finish 7-under-par as a team in a 168-180 victory against Troy.
More in the 2015 O.C. boys golf season preview:
Contact the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org