Most Viewed Stories
Girls soccer O.C. Top 10 (2-6-12)
The final week of the regular season is shaping up to be an exciting one throughout the county, as several league titles and CIF playoff berths are still up in the air.
Here is a look at this week's OC Girls Soccer Top 10.
1. Aliso Niguel (14-0-4, 4-0-2): The Wolverines were idle last week. They will host El Toro on Monday before closing out the regular season on the road at No. 3 San Clemente in a match that will determine the South Coast League champion and potentially the No.1 overall seed in the CIF-SS Division 1 playoffs.
2. Corona del Mar (18-1-2, 7-0-1): The Sea Kings clinched the Pacific Coast League title last week when Beckman lost to University. Their 15-match winning streak was snapped in a scoreless tie against the Trojans. Corona del Mar will finish out the regular season with a road match against the Patriots on Tuesday and will host Woodbridge on Thursday.
3. San Clemente (13-2-6, 4-0-2): The Tritons tied Trabuco Hills 1-1 in its only match last week. San Clemente will be on the road Monday against Mission Viejo before hosting the regular season finale showdown against No. 1 Aliso Niguel.
4. Santa Margarita (12-5-2, 6-1): The Eagles clinched their third straight Trinity League title by defeating JSerra 5-0 last week and having Orange Lutheran and Mater Dei play to a tie. They will finish the regular season Wednesday with a road match against Rosary.
5. Villa Park (17-4-3, 8-2): The Spartans produced clutch wins over Foothill (1-0) and El Dorado (3-1) last week and are tied with Esperanza for first place in the Century League. Villa Park controls its own destiny and wins against Brea Olinda on Monday and Canyon on Wednesday would clinch the league title outright.
6. Dana Hills (12-5-1, 5-1-1): The Dolphins played Capistrano Valley to a 1-1 tie in their only match last week. Dana Hills will host San Juan Hills on Wednesday and will clinch its’ second straight league title outright with a win or a Capistrano Valley loss in either of its final two matches.
T7. Esperanza (15-6-4, 8-3): The Aztecs picked up victories over El Dorado (4-1) and Brea Olinda (1-0 in OT before dropping a 1-0 home decision to Canyon, snapping an eight match winning streak. The Aztecs are currently tied atop the Century League with Villa Park, but must win in its regular season finale over El Modena on Wednesday and receive help to win its second straight league title outright.
T7. Canyon (14-5-3, 7-3): The Comanches picked up a victory over Brea Olinda (2-0) before pulling off a big road win over Esperanza (1-0) last week. Canyon closes out the season with matches against El Modena on Monday and No. 5 Villa Park on Wednesday. They must win both games and have Villa Park and Esperanza lose their remaining matches to win league title outright.
9. Sunny Hills (24-1, 8-0): The Lancers continued their undefeated run through the Freeway League with wins over Buena Park (11-0) and Sonora (2-0). They can clinch the Freeway League title outright with a win or tie against Troy on Tuesday. Sunny Hills hosts Fullerton to close out the regular season.
T10. Edison (14-5-3, 5-1-2): The Chargers played to a road tie against Fountain Valley before edging Huntington Beach (1-0). They are tied with Los Alamitos for first place and will be on the road against Marina on Tuesday before a league-ending showdown Thursday at Los Alamitos.
T10. Orange Lutheran (15-6-1, 4-2-1): The Lancers tied Mater Dei 0-0 in their only match last week. They are slated to face JSerra on Monday in their final match of the regular season. A victory in that match would give the Lancers the Trinity League's No. 2 seed in the CIF playoffs.
11-20. Los Alamitos (10-5-6, 5-1-2), Trabuco Hills (8-7-5, 2-3-2), Foothill (8-5-8, 4-4-2), Mater Dei (7-6-5, 3-2-1), Capistrano Valley (9-4-6, 3-1-2), Tesoro (9-7-2, 3-3), Valencia (15-4-4, 9-2), Mission Viejo (8-8-3, 1-4-1), Troy (9-7-3, 6-1-1), Yorba Linda (13-10-2, 7-2-1)