Most Viewed Stories
- Basketball, football standout Dawit Wilson leaves El Toro
- Miller excited to bring 'old school' approach back to Tustin
- OCVarsity Recruiting: Spotlight on the O.C. defensive backs
- Football recruiting: Class of 2017 commitments (7-17-16)
- Mater Dei boys finish second at state championships; Orange Lutheran girls capture title
Villa Park shows signs of life
After the safety, Edison goes three-and-out and punts it back to Villa Park.
Edison's 21-7 lead might as well be 42-7 the way the Chargers' D is playing.
Villa Park QB Dylan Osborne has more completions to to Edison players than to his own teammates. Osborne has one completion and two interceptions so far.
Hold up. Osborne just completed a long pass to Kyle Gordon for a first down at Edison's 40.
Reverse to Dustin Harrison, who hits Osbrone for a 29-yard pass. Trickery gets the Spartans down to the 11-yard line.
That's the end of the third quarter. The Spartans will have a second-and-9 from the 10-yard line when play resumes.
Villa Park can't settle for a field goal. They need a TD to stay in this game.
Jeremy Maxwell almost picks off Osborne.
Here comes third-and-9. Trenton Aschoff sacks Osborne for a 7-yard loss to bring up fourth-and-17.
Jason Sanders booms a 34-yard FG and Villa Park cuts Edison's lead to 21-10 with 11:42 remaining.
Follow me on Twitter @LosOCVarsity.