Most Viewed Stories
- Wrestling: Five Santa Ana wrestlers headed to same college
- Basketball, football standout Dawit Wilson leaves El Toro
- Fryer: First look at possible O.C. football top 10 for next season
- Wrestling: Jeremy Thomas, Liam Cronin to compete at Junior Duals
- Villa Park's Battey won't be allowed to play next season
Girls scholar-athlete of the week: Katie Donahue, St. Margaret's
A two-time CIF champion and one of the county’s top forwards is also one of its top students. Her current classes include: AP Literature, AP Spanish, AP Biology, Calculus, and Psychology. Donahue was selected to National Soccer Coaches Association of America Scholar All-America Team. She works with developmentally challenged kids in the Special Camp for Special Kids program and is a tutor in the Breakthrough San Juan Capistrano program at school. In addition, she volunteers for Safe Rides, an organization dedicated to helping to helping prevent drunken driving. Donahue, who earned all-county honors in 2011 and was the CIF-SS Division 6 Player of the Year, will attend Stanford next fall.