Girls soccer O.C. Top 10 (1-23-12)
League races throughout the county tightened up last week, as the regular season moved toward its midway point.
With two full weeks of league play to come, here is a look at this week’s OC Girls Soccer Top 10.
1. Aliso Niguel (13-0-4, 3-0-2): The Wolverines battled San Clemente to a scoreless tie and defeated Trabuco Hills (3-0) in two home matches last week. They will be on the road against Mission Viejo on Tuesday.
2. Corona del Mar (17-1-1, 6-0): The Sea Kings winning streak is now at 14 after victories over Beckman (1-0) and Northwood (2-1). Corona del Mar will face Irvine on Wednesday in its’ only match of the week.
3. San Clemente (13-2-5, 4-0-1): The Tritons unbeaten streak is now at 10 straight matches after a tying No. 1 Aliso Niguel (0-0) and beating El Toro (2-0) last week. San Clemente is not scheduled to play a match this week.
4. Santa Margarita (9-5-2, 3-1): The Eagles have blanked three straight opponents, including a 3-0 win over Rosary last week. They will travel to Mater Dei looking to avenge their only league loss Tuesday before hosting Orange Lutheran on Thursday.
5. Orange Lutheran (14-5, 3-1): The Lancers defeated Rosary 1-0 last week, its third straight shutout victory. They will host the Royals on Tuesday before traveling to No. 4 Santa Margarita on Thursday.
6. Villa Park (14-3-3, 5-1): The Spartans beat Brea Olinda (1-0) to stretch their winning streak and shutout streak to eight straight before both ended in a 3-2 overtime loss to Canyon. They will battle No. 7 Esperanza on Monday and take on El Modena on Friday.
T7. Esperanza (11-5-4, 4-2): Since starting league 0-2, the Aztecs have now won four straight matches after a win 1-0 win over El Modena last week. They will host No. 6 Villa Park on Monday and travel to Foothill on Thursday.
T7. Canyon (11-4-3, 4-2): The Comanches defeated El Modena (3-1) before their thrilling 3-2 comeback victory over Villa Park. They take on Foothill on Monday and will be on the road against El Dorado on Friday.
9. Edison (12-5-2, 3-1-1): The Chargers are in a first place tie with Los Alamitos after defeating Marina (4-0) and the Griffins (1-0). They will host Newport Harbor on Monday in their only scheduled match of the week.
10. Sunny Hills (21-1, 5-0): The Lancers continued their undefeated run in the Freeway League with wins over Troy (4-2) and Fullerton (2-1). Sunny Hills will be on the road Thursday against La Habra.
11-20. Mission Viejo (8-6-3, 1-2-1); Dana Hills (11-5, 4-1); Los Alamitos (8-5-5, 3-1-1); Foothill (6-3-8, 2-2-2); Mater Dei (7-5-4, 3-1); Trabuco Hills (7-7-4, 1-3-1); Capistrano Valley (9-4-5, 3-1-1); Tesoro (8-7-2, 2-3); Rosary (9-5-5, 0-3-1); St. Margaret’s (10-4-3, 5-0)