Most Viewed Stories
- Irvine girls water polo, swimming coach Scott Hinman dies
- Irvine's Scott Hinman, a trailblazer and leader in county swimming, dies after collapsing
- San Clemente holds off Valencia to win Anaheim Lions Tournament
- Orange County baseball top 10 (3-27-17)
- Three proposals to reshape O.C. leagues make it to final voting stage
Boys track athlete of the week: Herbert Gamboa, San Clemente
The Tritons senior sprinter claimed the Division 1 100 title at Saturday’s CIF-SS Divisional Finals with a state-leading wind-legal best time of 10.51. That time broke the previous school record of 10.56 set by Tim Martin in 1991 and is now the third fastest wind-legal time in county history.