Sounds like Danny Albano is serious about winning this staff picks competition. But he is already down four games in the standings, good luck with that one.
What's up with DC switching my name every other week, first it was AC (not sure he liked the similarity to DC), then after consecutive 7-1 pick weeks it was "the expert," and now he is going with my middle name Angel. Just pick one already!
I'm predicting another 6-2 record for me this week, someone always pulls off the upset, and this is how I see it all playing out.
1. Villa Park vs. Sunny Hills - The Spartans will ride the momentum from their win against Trabuco Hills with another one over Sunny Hills, 24-14.
2. Century vs. Saddleback - The Roadrunners are more likely to score than the Centurions, although they do have a win. Consider the 14 game losing snapped for Saddleback this week, 24-17. I'm calling this one an upset alert.
3. JSerra vs. Pacifica - Don't know how good JSerra and Pacifica really are just yet, but the home team has to be favored here. The Lions will by a hair, 28-21. Risky pick, but this would not be fun if I didn't swing for the fence here and there.
4. Los Alamitos vs. La Habra - Everyone knows about the big injury here. Both teams have explosive offenses. The Griffins are still just a higher caliber team, 35-21.
5. Tustin vs. Western - The Tillers run defense has been really impressive, holding each of their opponents under 100 yards, and that's Western's specialty. Tustin also has a healthy Anthony Wilkerson in its backfield so expect a close win, 21-14. Check out my column that I will post up tomorrow on this game.
6. Anaheim vs. Loara - I still think Loara's Anthony Bautista is a good runningback and a difference maker. That's why the Saxons will win this one, 24-21.
7. Dana Hills vs. Newport Harbor - The Sailors can match the Dolphins on offense. Only difference is Newport Harbor has a superior defense, 35-21.
8. Edison vs. Mater Dei - This really is a coin flip, so I actually tossed one up in the air. Heads its the Monarchs and tails its the Chargers, the quarter landed on heads. Mater Dei it is then, 42-35.