Most Viewed Stories
Boys lacrosse preview: Orange County top 10
OCVarsity’s boys lacrosse season preview for the 2017 season.
ORANGE COUNTY TOP 10
1. Corona del Mar: The Sea Kings ended last year as the county champion, but came up short of the coveted double championship season, losing to Loyola of Los Angeles in Southern Section final.
2. Foothill: The Knights graduated a strong contingent of seniors, but Coach Jon Fox always has a new class of leaders ready to step in, and it is a good thing because Foothill’s schedule is again extremely tough.
3. St. Margaret’s: The Tartans are young, with just three seniors on the roster, but by the time the playoffs arrive, Coach Glen Miles will have them up for to the task.
BOYS LACROSSE PREVIEW
4. Santa Margarita: The defending Trinity League champions advanced to the O.C. semifinals last year and are looking to make another deep run this year.
5. San Clemente: The Tritons have a new coach, as Brendan Finnerty moves from Beckman after leading the Patriots to three consecutive PCL league titles.
6. El Toro: The Chargers won the Sea View League title last year and will be in the South Coast League this year. The Chargers have a lot of returners and their sights set on making a strong playoff run this year.
7. Tesoro: The Titans qualified for the playoffs last year and will be looking to a strong group of underclassmen, led by junior Ryan Harrington, sophomore Carson Spooner and junior Jason Moreta.
8. Servite: The Friars finished third in the Trinity League last year. This year, Coach Tom O’Leary has a mix of seniors and underclassmen that are focusing on contending for the league title.
9. Newport Harbor: The Sailors have been in control of the Sunset League, winning consecutive titles. They return four first-team all-league players and will try to avoid last year’s first-round playoff exit.
10. Los Alamitos: The Griffins have a new coach, Tim Fox, and they will likely find themselves in a battle with Newport Harbor for the Sunset League title.
Contact the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org