Most Viewed Stories
2015 boys volleyball preview: O.C. top 10 teams
A breakdown of the top 10 teams in Orange County for the 2015 boys volleyball season.
O.C. TOP 10
1. Huntington Beach – The Oilers have won consecutive CIF and SoCal Regional titles and boast the best 1-2 punch with setter Josh Tuaniga and outside hitter TJ DeFalco.
2. Corona del Mar – It might take some time for the Sea Kings to jell, but with a solid nucleus of players returning, they will be one of the teams to watch this year.
3. San Clemente – The Tritons have an interesting roster with coach Ken Goldstone calling it the tallest he’s ever had. Blocking and attacking shouldn’t be a concern. One key will be replacing last year’s setter (Nick Goldstone).
4. Dana Hills – The Dolphins don’t have the imposing outside threat as they’ve had in the past, but the likes of Grady Yould and Teddy Fitzgerald shouldn’t be overlooked. Ball control will be a key this year.
5. Los Alamitos – A roster made up of predominantly juniors and seniors have the Griffins poised to have a big season.
6. Servite – The Friars missed the playoffs last year, but return several key pieces that should have them in contention for the league title this year.
7. Foothll – The Knights have a solid group of returners that will make them a dangerous team as the season progresses.
8. Santa Margarita – The Eagles return five of seven starters from last year’s team. Figure them to be in the hunt for the Trinity League title.
9. Laguna Beach – The Breakers advanced to the CIF finals and won the SoCal Division III title. Expect them to be in contention for return trips in both tournaments.
10. Saddleback Valley Christian – The Warriors had a remarkable year sweeping their way to the CIF-SS Division 5 title and advancing to the SoCal Regional Division III final.