Most Viewed Stories
- Three proposals to reshape O.C. leagues make it to final voting stage
- Orange County baseball top 10 (3-27-17)
- Fryer on baseball: Huntington Beach looks to defend title against nation's best
- Orange County softball top 10 (3-27-17)
- Sage Hill's Chona tosses second consecutive no-hitter to tie CIF-SS record
St. Margaret's Krantz throws for 5 TDs in rout
St. Margaret’s started slow, but came together and piled on the points, defeating Webb of Claremont, 55-13, on Friday in a nonleague game at Damien High in La Verne.
After being held scoreless in the first quarter, St. Margaret’s (3-0) scored 28 points in the second quarter and 27 consecutive points in the second half.
Junior quarterback George Krantz was 13-of-21 passing for 369 yards with five touchdowns. Junior Auston Locke caught four of the touchdown passes and finished with 263 yards.
Senior Nick Shanks and sophomore Clayton Chalmers each scored once. The Tartans defense came up with three interceptions, including two by sophomore Ryan Cragun.
Saddleback Valley Christian 42, Malibu 6: Nick Henjum threw four touchdown passes as the Warriors (2-0) triumphed at Malibu (1-2). Henjum finished with 302 passing yards.
Savaii Cravens caught two scoring passes and had 176 receiving yards. He also returned an interception for a touchdown.
Villa Park 47, Long Beach Cabrillo 7: The Spartans (2-0) surged to a lopsided road victory behind a balanced offensive attack.
Maranatha of Pasadena 40, Sage Hill 0: The Lightning (1-2) struggled on the road.