Boys volleyball: O.C. players selected to U.S. Youth Team
Corona del Mar's Brandon Browning, San Clemente's Kyler Presho, Beckman's Jack Mathews and Laguna Beach's Cole Paxson were selected to the U.S. Boys' Youth National Team.
The team will compete at the NORCECA U-19 Continental Championships, June 24-29 in Havana, Cuba.
The U.S. is the defending champion and will compete this year in its opening pool against Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. The second pool will consists of Antigua & Barbuda, Cuba, Jamaica and Mexico.
U.S. Boys’ Youth National Team
1. Brandon Browning (OH, 6-4, Corona del Mar, Calif., Southern California)
3. Chris Hall (S, 6-2, Alhambra, Calif., SCVA)
5. Jaylen Jasper (OH, 6-7, Arnold, Md., Chesapeake)
6. Devin Joslyn (OH, 6-5, Angola, N.Y., Western Empire)
7. Sam Lewis (MB, 6-10, Long Beach, Calif., SCVA)
9. Jack Mathews (MB, 6-4, Tustin, Calif., SCVA)
11. Kyle Merchen (S, 6-4, Clovis, Calif., Northern California)
16. Cole Paxson (L, 5-11, Laguna Beach, Calif., SCVA)
18. Kyler Presho (MB, 6-8, San Clemente, Calif., SCVA)
19. J.P. Reilly (OH, 6-4, Manhattan Beach, Calif., SCVA)
20. Sean Ryan (OH, 6-3, Countryside, Ill., Great Lakes)
22. Joel Schneidmiller (OH, 6-6, Saratoga, Calif., NCVA)
4. Eli Irizarry (S, 6-1, Moraga, Calif., NCVA)
10. Chris McBee (OH, 6-4, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., SCVA)
13. Thomas Nelson (L, 6-1, San Ramon, Calif., NCVA)
23. Canyon Tuman (MB, 6-7, Sewickley, Pa., Keystone)