Most Viewed Stories
- Brown prepared to hold the line when Mater Dei goes for Division 1 title
- OCVarsity's countdown to the football championship games
- Fryer: Best offenses seem almost unstoppable
- Love for the game helps Santa Ana's Briseno brothers do great things
- Capo Valley proud of its fast, aggressive 'Dark Side' defense
Boys swimming preview: Top 5 O.C. swimmers to watch
The Register’s look at the top five Orange County swimmers to watch this season.
TOP 5 BOYS SWIMMERS
Owen Kao, Dana Hills: The sophomore almost broke the impressive 1:38 barrier in the 200-yard free at a recent club meet.
Daniel Kim, Tesoro: The sophomore’s 48.78 in the butterfly at a club meet in December puts a historic high school time within reach.
Grant Shoults, Santa Margarita: What will the Stanford-bound senior do for an encore after last season? He set a national public school record in the 200 free and the CIF Division 1 record in the 500 free in 2015.
Ethan Wojciechowski, Huntington Beach: The junior, who was an All-County water polo player in the fall, might be the county’s fastest sprint-freestyler, though Justin Nguyen of Fountain Valley can’t be overlooked.
Colten Young, Crean Lutheran: The junior diver is the reigning CIF state champion.
- Boys swimming preview: O.C. top 10
- Boys swimming preview: Top 5 O.C. swimmers to watch
- Swimming preview: Tesoro girls look to build on success
- Boys swimming preview: Other O.C. swimmers to watch
Contact the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org