Most Viewed Stories
Five predictions for the Southern football playoffs
Five predictions for the Southern Division playoffs:
1. Which four teams will make it to the Southern semifinals?
Garden Grove, Brea Olinda, Segerstrom, Canyon
2. Which team will win the Southern title? Canyon.
The Comanches advanced to the semifinals last season and returns several of last year's key components that should fuel this year's run to the title.
3. Which team will be the "surprise team" in the Southern bracket? Segerstrom.
The Jaguars are the perfect example of a solid, hard-working teams. They will grind and grind and in the end, they will likely be winning on the scoreboard.
4. Which player will be the postseason MVP in the Southern? Jason Harman, Canyon.
The senior quarterback runs the offense that has good balance and good skill position players. He can get it done either through the air or on the ground.
5. Which O.C. team shouldn't be overlooked in the Southern playoffs? Santa Ana.
The Saints closed the regular season losing two of their last three, but if the running game gets on track, they could easily rekindle their early-season success.