Most Viewed Stories
Girls lacrosse preview: O.C. top 10
The Register’s season-opening Orange County top 10 for girls lacrosse.
O.C. TOP 10
1. Foothill: The Knights have several familar faces back from last season’s team that won the O.C. and Southern Section titles. Goalie Hannah Upshaw (USC) gives Foothill a good shot to go back to the finals.
2. Mater Dei: An experienced group returns for the Monarchs. They should be considered a legitimate contender to challenge for for the titles.
3. Corona del Mar: The Sea Kings’ youthful group gained a lot of experience last season. Look for big things from them this season.
4. Beckman: The Patriots advanced to the county championship and lost in overtime. This year’s group is led by Janice Shih, who scored 76 goals last season.
5. Trabuco Hills: The Mustangs have made nine consecutive playoff appearances. Look for Kendal Derbyshire to lead the Mustangs back to the playoffs.
6. Los Alamitos: The Griffins advanced to the county semifinals last season. Senior Sophia Schade and junior Daisey Haas will be key components this season.
7. San Juan Hills: The Stallions are off to a great start. They return their top five goal scorers, so keep an eye on them this season.
8. St. Margaret’s: Noelani Murayama and Cameron Manor form one of the county’s top scoring duos. They combined to score 116 goals last season.
9. Capistrano Valley: Junior goalie Alex Yan made 184 saves last season and should have another big year for the Cougars, who will contend for the South Coast League title.
10. Woodbridge: The Warriors have to replace Karina Yamasaki, who scored 112 goals last season and won 227 face-off draws. Look for them to have a varied attack this season.
- Lacrosse preview: Foothill has same goals, new attack
- Girls lacrosse preview: Top five O.C. players to watch
- Girls lacrosse preview: O.C. top 10
- Girls lacrosse preview: Others to watch
- Girls lacrosse preview: Important dates
Contact the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org