Most Viewed Stories
- Brown prepared to hold the line when Mater Dei goes for Division 1 title
- OCVarsity's countdown to the football championship games
- Fryer: Best offenses seem almost unstoppable
- Love for the game helps Santa Ana's Briseno brothers do great things
- Capo Valley proud of its fast, aggressive 'Dark Side' defense
Girls volleyball: Edison and Santa Margarita have perfect starts at Durango Fall Classic
Third-ranked Edison and fourth-ranked Santa Margarita both went 3-0 in pool play during the first day of the Durango Fall Classic, Friday.
The Chargers defeated Desert Hills of Saint George, Utah (25-20, 24-26, 25-20), Liberty of Bakersfield (25-16, 25-11) and Redlands East Valley (25-7, 25-19) in Pool 10.
The Eagles swept Thousand Oaks (25-15, 25-10), Lone Peak of Highland, Utah (25-22, 25-12) and Arbor View of Las Vegas (25-11, 25-11).
Both teams will begin Saturday in the Championship qualifying bracket. The winner of those early matches advanced to the championship quarterfinals.
Los Alamitos went 2-1 in its pool and finished second.
San Clemente, Beckman and El Dorado finished third in their pools and Villa Park went 0-3 in its pool.
The 64-team tournament resumes Saturday morning.