Girls tennis preview: O.C. preseason Top 10
O.C. PRESEASON TOP 10
1. Dana Hills – The Dolphins bring back the nucleus of a team that claimed the CIF-SS championship a year ago, including reigning Girls Tennis Player of the Year, Jessica Perez, as well as Alyssa Smith and the duo of Cassidy Spearman and Margo Pletcher.
2. University – Looking to build on last year’s CIF Division 1 finals appearance (the first in school history), the Trojans will have to overcome the losses of Kyra Scott and Nassim Radmehr with a strong freshman class and some new additions.
3. San Clemente – Last season, the Tritons finished second to Dana Hills in the tough South Coast League and advanced to the quarterfinals of the Division 1 playoffs. This season, a handful of returning starters look to do even better.
4. El Dorado – The Golden Hawks finished undefeated in the Century League last year on their way to a 22-1 overall record and Division 2 semifinals berth. The return of Gabrielle and Bridget Etchegaray puts El Dorado right back into the hunt.
5. Tesoro – Despite losing a number of key seniors to graduation, the Titans still have top singles player Mayci Jones (No. 18 in the USTA 18s rankings) and Naomi Bharath to lead the charge.
6. Newport Harbor
7. Los Alamitos
8. St. Margaret’s
9. Santa Margarita
10. Corona del Mar