Most Viewed Stories
- Three proposals to reshape O.C. leagues make it to final voting stage
- Orange County baseball top 10 (3-27-17)
- Fryer on baseball: Huntington Beach looks to defend title against nation's best
- Orange County softball top 10 (3-27-17)
- Sage Hill's Chona tosses second consecutive no-hitter to tie CIF-SS record
PASADENA POLY 23, PACIFICA 15
Undefeated Pasadena Poly struck fast, building up a 23-point lead, and went to beat visiting Pacifica, 23-15, on Friday in the first round of the CIF-SS Division 10 playoffs at South Pasadena High.
Poly (11-0) took an early lead when John Genske threw a 75-yard touchdown pass to Christian Henderson, and on the Mariners’ next series, William McConnell returned an interception 24 yards for a score.
The Mariners’ Ben Jefferson threw a 79-yard TD pass to Syrus Collins on the first play of the second half, and he connected with Matt Moslenko on a 48-yard scoring pass and the two-point conversion to close the gap to 23-15 with 2:38 to play.
The Mariners (6-5) got the ball back at the their own 40 with 1:28 to play, but four incomplete passes ended their rally.
Poly had five interceptions, three by McConnell.