The O.C. football top 10 we publish comes from a poll of 10 media members who cover high school football here. Everyone on the panel is very smart and informed, otherwise they would not be on the panel. "So, Fryer, how did you get on this panel?" Well, I run the panel, soooo ...
How I voted today ...
1. Mater Dei (6-0 overall). MD lost to Bosco. Bosco is going to go 5-0 in the Trinity League and will play in the Pac-5 championship game.
2. Mission Viejo (8-0). Tested by Tesoro, found a way to win. Brock Johnson was clutch.
3. Orange Lutheran (4-3). Talented and strong. Lutheran losses are to teams ranked in the top 4 in California.
4. Santa Margaria (5-2). Beat a good JSerra team without KJ Costello.
5. Tesoro (6-2). Titans losses are to Mission Viejo and Mater Dei.
6. Servite (3-4). Beat JSerra by one point, lost to Orange Lutheran by one point.
7. JSerra (5-2). 0-2 in the Trinity League; passing game not sharp enough right now to beat better Trinity teams.
8. San Juan Hills (7-0). Stallions play Mission Viejo this week -- what an opportunity and what a test for these guys.
9. La Habra (6-1). I might have The Clan ranked too low, but I like my 1-8 just fine.
10. San Clemente (5-2). Maybe Edison (4-3) should be here? Maybe even El Toro (4-4)?
Valancia and Villa Park are 7-0. Good teams, but not better than the ones in the top 10. Fountain Valley (5-2) is getting better by the week.