Most Viewed Stories
- Fryer: With Bol cleared to play, is Mater Dei now the team to beat?
- A look at each league's important upcoming games, players to watch
- Kennedy removes Pierce as water polo coach
- Turner sisters help Laguna Beach stay unbeaten in Orange Coast League
- Breaking: Bol Bol eligible to play basketball at Mater Dei
Boys basketball playoffs: Div. 2-A pairings, breakdown
OCVarsity has the pairings and breakdown for all of the CIF-SS boys basketball divisions.
Top four seeds: 1. xxxxxx; 2. Xxxxxxxxx; 3. Xxxxxxxx; 4. Xxxxxxxxxx.
Last year's final: Compton def. Redlands East Valley, 63-48
Playoff dates: First round (XX), second round (XX), third round (XX), quarterfinals (XX), semifinals (XX), final (March 5 or 6).
FRYER'S COMMENTS: Esperanza is seeded fourth. The Aztecs won the championship of one of Orange County’s better leagues, the Crestview League. Every game in that league was emotionally-charged, so Esperanza should be in good psychological shape for the playoffs. El Dorado is led by one of the county’s better players when he’s on his game, Elijah Mosham. Savanna has a exciting scorer, Mark Butler, a super-fast point guard who is prone to get a tad too flashy when he’s on a roll. Bolsa Grande won the Garden Grove League championship, got a first-round home game against Arlington of Riverside but would have to play top seeded Oak Park in the second round.
FIRST ROUND GAMES