Most Viewed Stories
- Boys basketball O.C. top 10 (1-23-17)
- Boys basketball athlete of the week: Dawson Baker, Capistrano Valley
- Football recruiting: Mission Viejo's Matt McDonald talks Boston College offer
- Girls basketball athlete of the week: Tati Zazuetta, Segerstrom
- Fryer on basketball: South Coast League off to chaotic start
Mater Dei selects Miller as coach for its new hockey progam
Mater Dei has hired TJ Miller as the coach for its new hockey program, which will begin playing next school year, the school announced Wednesday.
Miller was most recently the assistant coach for the Bantam AAA Anaheim Jr. Ducks and head coach of the 16AA OC Hockey Club.
“What an exciting time here at Mater Dei, as we add ice hockey,” Mater Dei athletic director Phil Bellomo said in a statement released by the school. “We are happy to have TJ as our inaugural head coach and look forward to the sport unfolding at Mater Dei under his leadership.”
Prior to arriving at Mater Dei, Miller coached the Corona Norco Stingrays and helped develop the players and program.
“It is an honor and a privilege to start the Mater Dei ice hockey program the coming season,” said Miller. “Mater Dei is a powerhouse of high school athletic talent and hockey players will now have the opportunity to put a jersey on with the Mater Dei logo and play and win championships for the school."
The Ducks High School Hockey League, which began in 2008, has 14 teams.