Mater Dei OL Frank Martin commits to USC
Mater Dei’s Frank Martin became the second offensive lineman in as many days to verbally commit to USC when he announced his intention to attend the school Thursday.
Scout.com first reported Martin’s commitment late Wednesday night, and Martin made it official via Twitter on Thursday morning (see below).
The 6-foot-6 Martin joins tackle Nathan Smith of Murrieta Mesa High as potential future bookends for the Trojans. Scout ranks Martin as a four-star prospect and the 11th-best tackle in the class of 2016. Rivals ranks Martin sixth at his position and also puts him in the four-star category.
“I'm a Trojan,” Martin told Scout. “I've wanted to go to USC since I was a kid. Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a Trojan and be a part of that family. I've always loved USC, my family loves USC, and this is a dream come true for all of us.”
Here’s a look at how USC’s 2016 class is shaping up:
2016 COMMITMENTS (5)
- Isaac Garcia, TE-DE, Bellevue, Wash.
- Daelin Hayes, LB, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Mique Juarez, OLB-ATH, Torrance
- Frank Martin, OT, Santa Ana (Mater Dei)
- Nathan Smith, OT, Murrieta
2015 BLUESHIRTS (COUNTING AGAINST 2016)
- Deontay Burnett, WR, Gardena (Serra)
- Clayton Johnson, OT, Anaheim (Servite)
- Tayler McNamara, TE, Oklahoma