Most Viewed Stories
Boys swimming preview: O.C. top 10
O.C. dual meet top-10 poll for the 2015 season.
1. University: Reigning Division 1 champs graduated key seniors such as Corey Okubo, but are still talented enough to make a strong title defense.
2. Corona del Mar: Tyler Lin and the Hanson brothers give Sea Kings star power to contend.
3. Northwood: Billy Monjay and a stellar freshmen class help make Timberwolves a formidable dual-meet team.
4. Santa Margarita: Two-time defending Trinity League champs might have county’s top swimmer in Grant Shoults and are deep, too.
5. Dana Hills: Rising Dolphins move to the South Coast with plenty of firepower, but tough competition looms.
6. Foothill: Spencer Kendall is the headliner, but the Knights’ depth will make it excellent in the dual meets.
7. San Clemente: Aidan Pastel and Josh Swart anchor a team that could be one of the Tritons’ strongest in a decade.
8. Mater Dei: Monarchs hope to have sprinter Matthew Payne (hernia) back later in the season, but still have some quality depth.
9. Edison: Once they are at full strength, Thomas Smith and Chargers will look to rule the Sunset League again.
10. Newport Harbor: The Sailors return some key swimmers plus have added Olympic champion Aaron Peirsol as coach.
Also considered: Capistrano Valley, Irvine, Tesoro
More in the 2015 O.C. boys swimming preview:
Contact the writer: email@example.com