Most Viewed Stories
- Quick strikes push JSerra past Huntington Beach, into title game
- El Toro continues amazing postseason run with win over Paramount
- Fryer on basketball: Mater Dei victory required more help than usual
- Hopkins has the golden touch at the right time for Mater Dei
- El Dorado rides second-half onslaught into the Division 3 final
Boys scholar-athlete of the week: Timothy Lloyd, Servite
Lloyd is a senior goalkeeper for the Friars. He has made 91 saves, averaging 4.1 a game. He has recorded 10 shutouts and allowed just 12 goals this season. He is enrolled in AP English literature, AP U.S. government, AP calculus, AP computer science, AP physics and CP critical reflections. Lloyd is a member of the California Scholarship Federation and National Honor Society. He is involved with PAL (Peer Assistance Leaders) and Priory Leadership Program. Lloyd participates in the Eagle Scouts, Aviation Explorers and St. Martin de Porres Youth Leadership. He has applied to the Air Force Academy and plans to major in aerospace engineering.