Most Viewed Stories
- Mater Dei triumph sets up showdown with Chino Hills in Open semifinals
- All of Tuesday's boys basketball, girls soccer playoffs coverage
- Boys basketball playoffs: Tuesday's scores, updated schedule
- Girls soccer playoffs: Tuesday's scores, updated schedule
- Villa Park finishes strong, advances to 2AA semifinals
O.C. boys basketball top 10 (2-15-16)
Poll of Orange County media members (records through Sunday):
1. Mater Dei (25-3 record, 50 poll points)
Monarchs beat Orange Lutheran and St. John Bosco to finish undefeated in the Trinity League; they earned No. 4 seed in Open Division.
2. Los Alamitos (23-4, 45)
Griffins went 10-0 in the Sunset League to take the league championship; now get to play in rugged Open Division.
3. Orange Lutheran (25-7, 40)
A second win this season over Santa Margarita enabled Lancers to finish second in Trinity; their only league losses were to Mater Dei.
4. Santa Margarita (17-9, 35)
Eagles lost to Orange Lutheran, defeated Servite in final week of Trinity League play; now Eagles must play at No. 1 seed Chino Hills in Open Division.
5. Esperanza (19-8, 24)
Aztecs lost to Foothill but still were sole champions of Crestview League; they are seeded No. 4 in Division 3AA.
6. Crean Lutheran (22-4, 23)
Saints won Academy League championship by two games, take a 14-game winning streak into the 4A playoffs.
7. Foothill (19-7, 20)
Victories over Villa Park and Esperanza have the defending Division 1A champion Knights charging into the playoffs.
8. Yorba Linda (21-6, 17)
Mustangs won the North Hills League championship, are seeded fourth in Division 3A.
9. Villa Park (16-11, 12)
After a third-place finish in the Crestview League, Spartans got into 1A playoffs as an at-large team.
10. Northwood (22-5, 5)
Timberwolves return to top 10 after finishing 10-0 in Pacific Coast League; they bring 15-game win streak into 2A playoffs.
Also receiving votes: Edison (20-7, 3); San Clemente (20-6, 1).
Contact the writer: email@example.com