Most Viewed Stories
Girls basketball final O.C. top 10 (3-7-16)
The Register’s final Orange County top 10 for the 2015-16 season.
FINAL O.C. TOP 10
1. Brea Olinda, 24-4: Potential matchups for the Ladycats in the regional quarterfinals and semis: No. 3 Alemany and No. 2 Troy.
2. Troy, 22-6: Hottest county team still playing, the Warriors went 4-1 in the Open Division the past two weeks and were awarded a No. 2 regional seeding as a result.
3. Mater Dei, 24-5: In dropping to Division 2 in the regionals, the Monarchs will look to capitalize on their No. 1 overall seed.
4. Fairmont Prep, 19-8: Barring any upsets, the Huskies could get a rematch with Mater Dei in the Division 2 semis.
5. Orange Lutheran, 25-6: The Lancers have won consecutive CIF titles despite scoring just 35 and 32 points in those championship games.
6. Sonora, 27-4: The Raiders have the defense to make a run in the Division 3 regionals as the 6-seed.
7. Orangewood Academy, 22-8: The Spartans have won 20-plus games for seven straight seasons.
8. Los Alamitos, 22-6: Freshman Cailyn Crocker has the potential to be one of the county’s next big stars.
10. Woodbridge, 23-6: Sierra Vaglica graduates, but the Warriors will have four starters returning next season.
Contact the writer: email@example.com