Most Viewed Stories
Boys basketball final O.C. top 10
The Register’s final Orange County Top 10
FINAL O.C. TOP 10
(Voting is done by county media members)
1. Mater Dei (27-4, 50 poll points): Monarchs are in their usual position, at No. 1 in the final county rankings.
2. Los Alamitos (23-6, 45): Griffins, who went 0-2 in the CIF-Southern Section Open Division, play at home against Poway in CIF Southern California Regionals Division 2 first round Wednesday.
3. Orange Lutheran (21-8, 40): Lancers, 0-2 in CIF-SS Open Division, have Regionals first-round home game Wednesday against Army-Navy of Carlsbad.
4. Santa Margarita (17-11, 35): Eagles, another 0-2 team in Open Division, play Regionals first-round home game Wednesday against Mission Bay of San Diego.
5. Edison (24-8, 29): The only county team to play last week, the Chargers lost to Ayala of Chino Hills, 63-49, in the CIF-Southern Section Division 2AA championship game.
6. Foothill (21-8, 24): Last season’s CIF-SS 1A champion, the Knights lost to Temecula Valley in this year’s 1A quarterfinals.
7. Crean Lutheran (25-5, 21): Saints won Academy League, advanced to 4A semifinals in which they lost by four points to eventual champion Viewpoint of Calabasas.
8. Esperanza (20-9, 15): Aztecs won Crestview League championship, should be good again next year with Kezie Okpala back for senior year.
9. JSerra (19-11, 6): Lions, who finished fifth in Trinity League, lost to eventual 4AA champion Serra of Gardena in quarterfinals.
10. Yorba Linda (22-7, 4): Mustangs went undefeated in North Hills league to win league championship, lost in 3A second round to eventual finalist Chaminade of West Hills.
Also receiving votes: Buena Park (23-9, 3); Capistrano Valley Christian (23-8, 2); Ocean View (25-5, 1)
Contact the writer: email@example.com