Here is the list of Orange County teams that qualified for the football playoffs as at-large teams this morning -- and take note that 1-9 El Dorado got in, but Trinity League teams (JSerra and Servite) were passed over.
WEST VALLEY DIVISION
El Toro (5-5; South Coast League)
San Juan Hills (8-2; South Coast League)
Sunny Hills (5-5; Freeway League)
Trabuco Hills (3-7; Sea View League)
Troy (5-5; Freeway League)
Canyon (5-5; North Hills League)
El Dorado (1-9; North Hills League)
EAST VALLEY DIVISION
St. Margaret's (8-2; Academy League)
* * * * * * * * *
• No O.C. teams selected for the two at-large berths in Pac-5 Division -- those went to Chaminade and Westlake.
• Strength of schedule helped El Dorado get in, as did strength of league.
• El Dorado was 0-10 on the field; a loss to Canyon became a forfeit win. In going 0-3 on the field in the North Hills League, El Dorado's average margin of loss was 24 points. The average margin of loss in all 10 games was 27 points. The Golden Hawks scored an average of nine points a game.
• Trabuco Hills is defending champ in the Southwest League.
• Strength of league played a part in selections of two South Coast and two Freeway league teams.