Most Viewed Stories
Orange County girls track and field top 10
OCVarsity's Orange County county girls track and field preview for 2017.
ORANGE COUNTY TOP 10
1. Mission Viejo: The Diablos have high-end depth that will rack up points at any meet. Mission Viejo will push hard in sprints and relays and has strength in its throws.
2. Santa Margarita: The Eagles’ aces are in its relay teams, sprints and Nikki Merritt on hurdles. Santa Margarita is also strong vertically in the jumping events and with Kate Thomas contesting in pole vault.
3. Trabuco Hills: The Mustangs have assets in speed and in strength. Kyle Wehrly is the three-time South Coast League champion in the 100-meter race, and Kyleigh Wilkerson was top 10 nationally among freshmen the in discus last season.
4. Dana Hills: The longer the race, the stronger the Dolphins become. Dana Hills’ top cross county skills crossover as a team to track, and the Dolphins are also strong in the jumps.
5. Woodbridge: The Warriors are filled with youth including their sprint teams with sophomore and returning All-County in the 400-meter Milana Malec. All-County in the triple jump as a freshman, Emily Garner, also returns.
6. Los Alamitos: The Griffins will be among the top listings on the track, but their true strength comes in the field. Faimalie Sale will be a force in shot put, and Kallie Given will soar in the high jump.
7. Mater Dei: It will be hard to outjump the Monarchs at any event. McKenna Caskey will push the top pole vaulters, and Sophia Chiaramonte will be strong in the high and long jumps.
8. Esperanza: The Aztecs are another strong cross country crossover. Sapna Dholakia leads the distance team, and Esperanza’s throwers will be tough as well.
9. El Toro: The Chargers will go for distance with their feet and arms with two strong seniors. Hannah Tobin leads the distance running group, and Alaysha Green steps up for the throwers.
10. Tesoro: The Titans lost a star in Amanda Gehrich but can still put up a strong team effort. Tesoro will get points with its relay teams.