Most Viewed Stories
- Brown prepared to hold the line when Mater Dei goes for Division 1 title
- OCVarsity's countdown to the football championship games
- Fryer: Best offenses seem almost unstoppable
- Love for the game helps Santa Ana's Briseno brothers do great things
- Capo Valley proud of its fast, aggressive 'Dark Side' defense
Sara Brown named Edison girls basketball coach
Edison has named Sara Brown, an assistant coach under the late Dan Wiley, as the school’s new girls basketball coach, Athletic Director Rich Boyce confirmed today.
Brown served as one of Wiley’s top assistants for the past several seasons and was a logical choice in succeeding the beloved Chargers coach who died last Monday.
“It was easy in the fact that we knew we had someone that understood the girls,” Boyce said. “We really didn’t need someone from the outside coming in.”
Brown graduated in 2003 from San Clemente, where she was a three-time All-South Coast League first-team selection. She went on to play at Colorado State and Loyola Marymount.