Most Viewed Stories
- Brown prepared to hold the line when Mater Dei goes for Division 1 title
- OCVarsity's countdown to the football championship games
- Capo Valley proud of its fast, aggressive 'Dark Side' defense
- Fryer: Best offenses seem almost unstoppable
- Love for the game helps Santa Ana's Briseno brothers do great things
Burns steps down as San Clemente girls basketball coach
Lacey Burns has stepped down as girls basketball coach at San Clemente to become an assistant coach at Pepperdine, Athletic Director Jon Hamro announced via email Wednesday afternoon.
In four seasons as coach, Burns guided the Tritons to a 70-34 overall record, with back-to-back 19-win seasons in 2012-13 and 2013-14. Her teams made the playoffs every year, including second-round appearances in Division 1AA in each of the past three seasons.
Burns led San Clemente to a 27-5 record in league games and the Tritons won the South Coast League title in each of the past three years.
“I am happy for Lacey and the opportunity she has to move up to the major college level,” Hamro said in an email. “She had a very good run at SCHS and continued the proud tradition of success over her four year stint as head coach. I wish her all the best.”
San Clemente’s search for a new girls basketball coach is already underway. For those interested, contact Hamro for more information.
Contact the writer: email@example.com